Sunday, August 19, 2012

poetry assignment #1


1.  The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski
2. It might be considered ironic because it's telling us what to do. They're getting us to make the decision to buy their product, but yet they're telling us to make our own decisions. "your life is your life." This is said twice in the poem, but at the same time they're trying to tell us what to choose.
3. I think it reflects the reputation of the author because he had a hard life growing up. The poem speaks of trying to look on the bright side of things and to stay strong which relates to how his life must have been. I'm sure since he was abused and experienced miserable times he had to learn to find the ways out and search for his own light.
4. I found the information by first typing in your life is your life into google then I picked the first one and it showed the poem with the author. Then I googled the author, Charles Bukowski, and read up on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment