Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Notes on Hamlet

My thoughts have changed a lot since the beginning of the play to now. I used to feel so sorry for Hamlet because he went through so much in a short period of time of having his dad die and his mom remarry to his uncle and then found out that his uncle killed his dad. Everyone pushed him to get over it, but no one really understood him so I felt like he was just so upset with life. After he killed Polonius though my perspective on Hamlet changed. It changed because he didn't exactly care and he said that he shouldn't have been spying. Now he seems to be so focused on killing his uncle that he cares about nothing else and that makes me feel no sympathy for him anymore. I know he's angry with his uncle, but he shouldn't let that get in the way of his other relations with people. I think he's just going to keep pushing everyone else aside until he gets the satisfaction of killing his uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment